The 40th IEEE International Symposium on Reliable Distributed Systems (SRDS 2021) is a forum for researchers and practitioners interested in distributed systems design, development and evaluation, with emphasis on reliability, availability, safety, dependability, security, and real-time.
SRDS 2021 will be held in Chicago (USA) from September 20th to September 23rd.
The first day of the conference will be dedicated to workshops proposed by the scientific and technical community around distributed systems, dependability, security, performance, and other related topics. The purpose of workshops is to provide a forum for exchanging opinions, presenting ideas, and discussing preliminary results in an interactive atmosphere.
The organizing committee of SRDS 2021 is welcoming workshop proposals until March 8, 2021.
Workshops may be half-day or full day events.
Workshop chairs are responsible for setting up an international technical program committee, independent of the one of the main conference. They may select a TPC chair(s) or chair the TPC themselves. Responsibilities of the workshop TPC chairs include preparing and spreading a call for contributions, attract high-quality submissions, set up the selection process assemble and run the workshop program.
SRDS 2021 will provide co-located workshops with the possibility of publishing their papers in a supplementary volume to the main conference proceedings (currently under discussion). This possibility would be open to workshops who implement a peer-review selection of papers of 4 pages or more in the same format as for the main conference.
Note that the publication of proceedings for the workshop would be a possibility and not a requirement: workshops without published proceedings, with only abstracts, with only invited speakers, or using a mix of these formats, are also warmly welcome.
Proposals must not exceed three pages in PDF and must be sent to SRDS workshop chair Anissa Lamani at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposals should have the following structure:
- Title of the workshop;
- A 150- to 200-word abstract, suitable for the conference website;
- Themes and goals, and relevance to the SRDS community;
- Information about the procedure for selecting papers and/or presentations, plans for dissemination and publication, and expected number of participants;
- Preference for a half- or one-day format;
- Information about previous editions of the same workshop, if any;
- Names, affiliations and brief bios of organizers, including their past experience in organizing workshops and/or conferences in the field;
- A list of possible Program Committee members and their affiliations;
All deadlines are at 23:59 AoE (Anywhere on Earth) time.
|Workshop Proposal Submission||March 8th, 2021|
|Workshop Acceptance Notification||March 15th, 2021|
|Workshop Day||Sept. 20th, 2021|
Workshop dates (submission deadline, notification, camera ready, etc.) will be discussed and decided as a consensus between workshop organizers and the SRDS organizing committee, prior to any diffusion of a call for paper or communications. Selected workshops are expected to set up a website before the end of April 2021.
- Relevance to SRDS
- Timeliness and expected interest in the topic
- Organizers’ ability to lead a successful workshop
- Balance and synergy with other SRDS events
For any questions regarding workshops, please email the workshop chair at email@example.com